Best Foot Forward
We so happy to be open again and able to serve all your shoes fitting needs in store. We can measure and more importantly try on shoes in the comfort of the shop where we have lots of stock for all the little and not so little feet.
While demand is high and to keep our customers and staff as safe as possible we are operating an appointment based service. Appointments can be booked either by clicking the link above or by giving us a call at the shop. We can accommodate all family sizes so if it’s a fitting for one or more we can’t wait to see you in store and help you get sorted so you can meet the post lockdown world putting your best foot forward.
At FEET we pride ourselves on providing an honest, impartial fitting service and selling the best shoes on the market. We have over 35 years’ experience of fitting children’s shoes and while no foot is the same, we have built up a wealth of experience of not just fitting shoes but also welcoming and assisting our lovely little customers and their families.
Choosing the right shoe in the right size is vital when it comes to foot health and the health of our overall muscular skeletal system. With shoes and fitting there are no absolutes but there are general principles that guide both the selection and the fitting of the shoe. Very simply, shoes need to allow the foot and ankle to do what they do best. In order to simplify this process we, here at FEET offer the following services:
- Foot measuring and shoes fitting - At FEET we always measure to give us a starting point to work from, but it is important to note this it is exactly that - a starting point. Differences in sole units, lasts (the mould a shoe is made on) and materials used all contribute to the overall fit, meaning even shoes within the same brand can fit differently. It is also important to remember that our foot is of course a three-dimensional object so size and width are only part of the picture. Once the shoe is on, we endeavour to ensure the fit is right all over and watch you walk in your new shoes so we are happy that they are comfortable.
- Fitting with orthotics - At FEET we do have years of experience in fitting shoes with orthotics. Allowing extra space in length and depth to accommodate and allow the orthotic to work properly. We would like to make it clear though that whilst our staff have a wealth of experience in fitting shoes, we are not medically trained and therefore always refer to any medical advice from doctors or physios so please make sure you are able to supply us with all relevant information at the time of fitting.
- Sizing checks – If your child has been wearing their shoes for a while and you are unsure if the fit is still appropriate then please do come by for a fit check. We are happy to assess and give advice on how long you have left in that shoe or if a new one is more appropriate. We are very honest and only advise a new shoe if it is necessary.
- Product Advice - As well as size, it is important to consider what is reasonable to expect from shoes. Wellies do a very different job from trainers. Shoes are designed to take wear in specific places and not in others and so it is important to consider what you are buying the shoes for. If in doubt do ask what shoes we recommend for what activities.
And to compliment these services our product range includes
- First shoes
- School shoes
- Everyday shoes
- Waterproof shoes and wellies
- Seasonal accessories and bags
FEET is a family business founded in 1984 by Wendy and Jo, young mums that wanted children’s clothes that were as bright and colourful as they were. The shop started out as ‘Early Clothing’ primarily focusing on children’s clothes. Over the years the shop location, name and product range have evolved, changing with the ever-changing needs of the local community and the interest of the owners. As the business flourished, Wendy’s children, Emma and Mark, began to help out. Mark finally took full control in 2015 upon Wendy’s retirement and Emma focusing on raising her young family. Both are very much part of the furniture still, mucking in and helping out (interfering!) when required. It was at this point that Mark decided to focus on the shoe part of the business, renaming the shop from ‘Frock’s Away’ to ‘Feet’.
Mark has long held a passion for shoes, and in particular trainers, and it is this shoe passion that shines through in the business today. As a father of two small boys, Mark is able to road test products in the real world. This allows for a greater understanding of what is needed in terms of style but more importantly, the build quality and overall effect on foot health which helps in his buying and advice to customers.
Whilst the business and product range have changed over the years, a few things have remained constant. We have always been true to our core values:
- High quality products - We take pride in sourcing and collaborating with high quality and often independent brands that make exceptional products; beautiful, well made and fit for purpose.
- Expert fitting Service - At feet we pride ourselves on providing an honest, impartial fitting service. We are friendly, knowledgeable and NOT pushy! Whilst we are not medically trained, we have over 30 years’ experience of fitting children’s shoes ensuring the right shoe and size provides optimum support for the overall muscular skeletal system and maximises foot health. We also have years of experience in fitting feet with orthotics.
- Friendly interactions - We take pride in how we engage with our customers and have built fabulous relationships over the years with many becoming lifelong friends!
If you are not entirely happy with your purchase you have 14 days to return it for an exchange or credit note. We do not refund on non-faulty items. The item must be unworn with all boxes and labels and you must be able to provide proof of purchase.
If you suspect your item is faulty please bring the item along with proof of purchase back in store for assessment.
Please note that the above does not affect your statutory rights and is in compliance with the 2015 UK consumer rights act.
This site uses some unobtrusive cookies to store information on your computer. I Understand